VoIP (voice over internet protocol) put simplistically is the use of networks, either LANs or WANs to transmit voice data.
There are many cost advantages from using VoIP telephony, for example, the cost of only a single network for voice and data transmission saves on capital expenditure at installation and, during operation, cost savings arise as a result of an increase in employee productivity as call handling is more efficient.
Take a look at some of the advantages of Swyx IP Telephony
There may be many reasons why a company may want to think about implementing IP Telephony, do any of the following apply to you?
- “The leasing contract for our traditional telephone system expires”
- “We would like an in-house call centre”
- “Our telephone system has reached is expiation or capability limits”
- “We need to significantly improve the call completion rate and satisfaction for our calling customers”
- “We would like to run calls directly from our Customer Database / CRM package”
- “Our company’s offices are connected via a VPN, can we not make telephone calls on this”
- “We would like to implement automatic call handling”
- “We would like to make telephone system changes, without depending on a service technician”
If so, you may wish to look at implementing an IP Telephony Solution, from Swyx. IP telephony can be implemented in many different ways: